Europe At Leisure 2018: Wonders of St Petersburg and Moscow Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2018
The Imperial twin cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg come together on this At Leisure rail adventure, combining art and antiquities and such attractions as the Hermitage Museum, Tsar's Winter Palace, Red Square and the Kremlin. Gain insight into Russia's transformation into a creative and opulent modern metropolis.
- City tour in St. Petersburg and Moscow
- View the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great while in St. Petersburg. In Moscow view Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Walls of the Kremlin
- Visit the Hermitage Museum for a sightseeing tour and the Peter and Paul Fortress
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (214) 206-4488 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13900168
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||St. Petersburg||Arrive St. Petersburg (3 Nights): Tread in the footsteps of tsars and tsarinas, of artists, poets and musicians, whose great gifts to the romantic city of St. Petersburg you will have an opportunity to see during an orientation drive through Russia's Imperial City after meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and light dinner.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg Sightseeing and Hermitage Museum visit: Explore opulent royal history and the might of Imperial Russia on a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist during which you will view the magnificent Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great, whose inspired vision for this Baltic settlement saw it rival even the most sophisticated of European capitals. Explore the Peter and Paul Fortress on your included visit before joining a Small Group Sightseeing visit with a Local Specialist to the incredible Hermitage Museum. Occupying five buildings on the banks of the Neva, the Hermitage features some 3 million artefacts, representing the development of world culture and art from the stone age to the 20th century. Spend the rest of the day at leisure admiring grand palaces and the picturesque canal setting. This evening consider a theatre visit to enjoy a fascinating Russian Folklore performance Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg At Leisure: The cobblestone lanes and grand boulevards of St. Petersburg are ours to explore today at leisure. Admire the ornate domes and colourful mosaics of the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood and the gold-plated dome of St. Isaac's Cathedral with spectacular panoramic views of the city. Perhaps consider joining an Optional Experience to visit the gardens and cascading miracle of engineering that are the spectacular fountains of Peter the Great's summer residence at Peterhof, designed to rival the opulence of Versailles. Later, during our Be My Guest experience we'll meet some of the students of St. Petersburg's Theatre for canapes and an unforgettable stage performance.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 4||Moscow||St. Petersburg - High-Speed Train - Moscow (3 Nights): After a hearty breakfast, enjoy some time at leisure before boarding a train to the Russian capital, a fascinating mix of imperial history and modern sophistication. En route, contemplate the tumultuous and captivating history of an ancient city that oozes grandeur, and the indomitable spirit of the Russian nation which saw it send the first man to outer space. Straddling the Moskva River, this city is the country's political, economic, religious and financial hub - and your home for the next three nights.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Moscow||Moscow Sightseeing and At Leisure: The imposing Red Square - the site of grand celebrations, fierce fighting and beautiful architecture - takes centre stage this morning during a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the fairy-tale spires of St. Basil's Cathedral and the Kremlin Walls and towers before spending some time at leisure exploring the sights. Perhaps stroll along the flower-lined boulevards of Gorky Park or join an Optional Experience to admire the exquisite underground art and history showcase that is the Moscow Metro.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Moscow||Moscow At Leisure: Kickstart your morning soaking up the kofe culture of Moscow, before taking to its streets to learn about its triumphs and defeats. Consider visiting one of the city's fascinating museums, explore the city's extraordinary literary and artistic heritage or take an Optional Experience to the 14th century Sergiyev Posad, a place of pilgrimage and the largest religious and cultural centre in Russia. This evening, we toast to the magic and magnificence of Mother Russia, joining our fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||Depart Moscow||Depart Moscow: We close the door on our epic At Leisure holiday in two iconic Russian cities and say farewell to newfound friends. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- We strive to deliver nothing but the best when it comes to travelling with Trafalgar. To avoid disruption to your holiday, we have taken the decision to cease operation of trips in Russian cities during the FIFA World Cup period 14 June - 15 July 2018.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class